With his androgynous 1970s look and laid-back style, 23-year-old model Marcel Castenmiller has made a big impression on the fashion world since he was discovered in 2006 by photographer Ryan McGinley. To name a few of his achievements so far, Canadian-born Marcel is the face of Kenzo and has appeared in editorials for Vogue, Interview, i-D and Acne Paper. Click for his words about love and life in New York. Photography by Zara Zachrisson.
How are you?
– I’m very happy with where I am in my life right now. Great friends, great life in New York. I feel like it is all moving towards something beautiful.
What is your most characteristic physical trait?
– I’ve always been compared to a Fox. Not sure which physical trait best describes that, but I can be very sly and kind. Maybe it’s because I can be a bit sneaky?
Which tune defines you?
– “Don’t Ask Me Why” by Billy Joel.
What’s your drink of choice?
– Jim Beam on the rocks.
What are your regrets?
– I have too many regrets to speak of, but if they are responsible for bringing me to where I am today I am completely fine with them.
What makes you fall in love?
– Doing anything out of the ordinary, things that make your heart race. Sometimes it can just be a change in scenery.